The philosophy of the Bleasdale winemaking team is to capture
the essence of what makes Langhorne Creek red wines so
attractive – vibrancy, harmony and texture.
Bleasdale was founded in 1850 by the extraordinary Frank Potts, who purchased the first sections of land in Langhorne Creek in 1850, where he noticed the enormous red gum trees and rich, fertile soils. He would go on to plant the first vines in the region a few years later. Frank was ingenious, innovative, and had a knack for building things. He built a home, workshop, winery, water pumps, floodgates, a lever press, and a dynasty. Today, fifth and sixth generation Potts family members still play an important role within the winery, a legacy of the vision of Frank Potts; one of the pioneers of the Australian wine industry.